This is an old family recipe affectionately known as Green Glop. My grandmother made it for church picnics and family gatherings. I insisted on it every year for my birthday growing up. I love this stuff!
My grandma hasn’t been with us for a few years and I decided I’d gone long enough without it and asked my mom to dig out the recipe so I could make it myself. Had I known it was this easy, I would’ve made it years ago!
We had friends over for Labor Day and they brought their four kids. There was only a little left in the bowl, so I think they liked it. 🙂
Literally just mix the fruit and dry mix in a bowl and fold in the whipped topping. That’s it!
- 1 box instant pistachio pudding mix
- 20 oz can crushed pineapple, UNdrained
- 16 oz can fruit cocktail, drained*
- 8 oz whipped topping, thawed
- Combine pudding mix with fruits in a bowl until pudding mix has dissolved.
- Fold in whipped topping until mixed through.
- Cover and chill until serving, recommend at least an hour.
- *I used the fruit cocktail with extra cherries.