As I mentioned before, my family does NOT like cauliflower. Luckily, there are things you can mix it in with. These are about half cauliflower and half potato. So you get to have a nice big pile of mashed potatoes and not feel guilty about it, because it’s half cauliflower. And who doesn’t love a nice big pile of mashed potatoes? A bit of ranch seasoning adds a different twist to it.
Try with my Ranch Breaded Perch. 🙂
- 3 cups cauliflower florets, fresh or frozen and thawed*
- 1 pound potatoes, cut into large chunks
- 2 Tbsp almond milk, or milk of choice
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 1 Tbsp ranch seasoning mix
- Put potatoes and cauliflower in a sauce pan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and cauliflower, then pour into mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mash with a potato masher until desired consistency.
- *I've used both and it's good either way.