Today is the happiest day of my life! Well except for the day my daughter was born… And the day I got married… And…
Ok, so maybe not of my life. But it is most definitely the happiest day of my weight loss endeavors. Better than when I’d dropped 10 pounds, 20 pounds.
Today is the day I tried to put on my favorite pair of jeans… and they fit! For the first time in over a year! Talk about motivation to keep doing what you’re doing. 🙂
I didn’t use to be a big fan of fish, but apparently my taste buds grew up. Which is good for me, because fish is so healthy for you. These ranch breaded fish have a great flavor and they’re nice and crunchy. And they’re baked so no excess frying calories. Always a bonus.
These are a little messy to make, but I promise they’re worth it. The filets go in the flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs.
I served these with these Ranch Mashed Potatoes and Cauliflower.
- 1 pound perch filets
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 Tbsp ranch seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon Italian herb seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour, pepper,and salt.
- In a second shallow dish, whisk together egg and water.
- In a third shallow dish, mix together bread crumbs, Parmesan, ranch seasoning, and Italian seasoning.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- One at a time, coat filets with flour, dip in egg, and press into bread crumb mix.
- Lay breaded filets side by side on baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.