I know, I know, I’m falling behind again. I swear it’s not my fault! My mother has been visiting for the last week, so things were a little more hectic than normal around here.
You know how it is when people visit for a few days. You’re happy when they get there, and you love spending time with them, and you’re happy when they leave… Sorry Mom. 🙂
Anywho, I cooked her some of my recipes I thought she’d like, and we tried some new ones. Some turned out better than others. (Those will show up on here at some point when I make them again.)
She brought up some Gianelli italian sausage, which is a brand that’s not easy to find up here, (it’s a Central New York thing,) so I decided to make her this one dish sausage and veggie bake. After some of the more involved recipes we’d tried, something this simple to prepare sounded really good.
It’s your basic chop your veggies and throw them in a bowl. Toss with olive oil and spices, and add the sausage.
Spread it out on a baking sheet and throw it in the oven. Nice and simple. I like simple. 🙂
- 3 Italian sausage links, sliced*
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 yellow squash, diced
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 2-3 potatoes, diced
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, toss vegetables, potatoes, oil, and spices.
- Mix in sliced sausage.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Spread in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Stir, then spread back out on pan. Bake for another 15 minutes.
- *I partially cooked mine to make slicing easier. Don't cook too much though or they will be overcooked after baking.