You know how everyone says boys are easier to raise than girls? I never really understood that. I mean, boys are the ones that track mud everywhere, and are more likely to fall out of trees and break bones, right? What they should say is girls are easier for the first 10 to 12 years. Basically, until the hormones start to kick in. Then the world ends, or so they think.
We had our first end of the world drama with my daughter last night. She has one friend who is super clingy, one who currently “hates” her, and a cancelled sleepover due to thoughtlessness. Hurt feelings plus hormones is a bad combination. Welcome to the next stage of parenting. 🙂
I was discussing this with one of the girl’s moms on messenger while making this last night, and still managed to have dinner ready on time, so you know this recipe is easy. Of course, that doesn’t mean we ate on time, because naturally I had to take pictures before we could eat it. 🙂
It browns up nicely in the oven, and goes really well with my Parmesan Corn and Zucchini.
- 3 Tbsp seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp cornmeal
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 pound tilapia filets (I have also used perch)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray. Lay fish on baking sheet.
- In a small dish, beat egg.
- In another small dish, mix remaining ingredients. Make sure oil is mixed through thoroughly.
- Brush tops of fish with egg, then sprinkle breadcrumb mixture on tops. Press down to coat.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cooked through.