Do you ever have one of those days where you just can’t stop eating? Just constantly hungry, even though you’ve already eaten way more than you normally eat in a day? That’s been my day. I’d already passed my normal calorie intake for the whole day before dinner! The fact that my lunch date made cookies didn’t help. 🙂 And less than an hour after dinner, I went looking for something else. (I’m actually eating a sandwich as I’m typing this.)
Not to worry. As long as you’re not having one of those days, this is a very filling side dish. And even if you are it’s still really good. Pairs well with pork dishes. We had it with ham steak tonight.
Just a handful of ingredients tossed together and it’s ready to go in the oven.
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, cubed*
- 2 to 3 medium carrots, sliced thick*
- 2 medium parsnips, sliced thick*
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a baking pan or sheet with nonstick spray.
- Toss vegetables with olive oil first, then remaining ingredients. Spread out in pan.
- Cook for 20 minutes, stir, then spread back out and cook for remaining 20 minutes.
- All pieces should be close in size for more even cooking.