Today felt like a Monday. I know, I know, today is Monday. But today felt like it. There’s a normal Monday where you might wish the weekend wasn’t over quite yet, and you might not be jumping up and down to get back into the week, but hey, that’s life, right?
Then there’s MONDAY. When you wake up and it takes at least 20 minutes to convince yourself to get out of bed, while your inner self is holding onto the covers for dear life chanting “I don’t wanna, and you can’t make me.” Or is that just me…
I had a fairly short list of things to do today, and I accomplished exactly nothing. Absolutely no motivation whatsoever. Coupled with no willpower and an out of control sweet tooth, and it’s a bad day. I think I gained a couple pounds back today. The chocolate chip cookies I bought for my daughter kept calling to me…
So imagine how happy I was when I realized I took pictures of this when I made it a couple weeks ago, but never actually posted it. A recipe just ready and waiting to be written out and posted. Finally, I will get something done today! Even if this wasn’t actually on my list for today… but that’s not important, right? 🙂
This soup is ideal for pairing with a sandwich or wrap for lunch.
You start by sauteeing your veggies in butter with garlic.
Then add in the rest, mix it up, and cook until soft. Nice and easy. An immersion or regular blender takes care of the rest 🙂
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 medium acorn squash, peeled, deseeded, chopped
- 1 large sweet apple, peeled, cored, chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Melt butter in large saucepan.
- Add garlic, celery, onion, and carrot. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add squash, apple, and spices. Pour both over everything and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until veggies are soft.
- Puree in a blender in batches, or use an immersion blender.
- Can be frozen. Reheats well.