Things have been a bit hectic around here lately. Thanksgiving for us involves a six hour drive, two days with the families, and another six hour drive home. After three nights in a hotel room, we were more than ready to come home to our own bed. Sunday was spent doing absolutely nothing. It was wonderful.
Needless to say, I’m a bit behind on posting. Not to worry, I have a bunch of stuff lined up to make this week. 🙂
I used to work in a University dining hall. Once a year they’d ask students to send in family recipes, and they’d pick a few to be made and served in the hall. The base recipe for this was the best one to ever come in. It just needed a couple of tweaks for flavor and nutrition. This is a one dish recipe that makes an excellent side. I’ve also used it as a main dish.
Apart from a little prep work, this is one of the easiest sides you will ever make. You just mix everything except the zucchini in one bowl, then fold the zucchini through until it’s coated. Pour it into a pan, and stick it in the oven. Quick and simple. 🙂
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 Tbsp nonfat greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 Tbsp applesauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Mrs. Dash garlic and herb seasoning blend
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 cups thin sliced zucchini
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs together.
- Add remaining ingredients except for zucchini. Mix well.
- Fold in zucchini until well coated and mixed through.
- Spray a 9 x 9 or 11 x 8 pan with non stick spray. Pour mix into pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes.