This is my new favorite way to sneak cauliflower into a meal. If you liked my cauliflower pizza crust, you will love these. And since they can be made with frozen cauliflower, they take a lot less time.
I’ve never met a kid who didn’t like tater tots. Something about them is just fun! So what better way to get some more veggies into your family? These make an excellent side dish plain, or could be served with marinara sauce for dipping. 🙂
Food processors are a wonderful invention. So glad I bought one.
If you don’t have one though, you could chop up the cauliflower with a knife.
Once the cauliflower is cooked and chopped, it’s a simple mix everything together in one bowl recipe.
It should look something like this when mixed. Not pretty but it’ll taste good. 🙂
Aren’t they cute? Forming them is probably the most time consuming part of making these.
Parchment paper is a must for these. If you don’t have any, you’ll want to spray extra nonstick spray on your baking sheet.
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups fresh or frozen cauliflower florets
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, finely shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a microwaveable bowl, cook cauliflower florets, loosely covered, for 4 minutes. (5 if still frozen)
- Drain any water in the bowl, then pulse florets in food processor till cauliflower is in small chunks resembling rice.
- Place cauliflower into a mixing bowl, and add remaining ingredients, mixing thoroughly.
- Scoop about a tablespoon full into one hand, and form into a log shape. Place on parchment paper lined sheet. Repeat with remaining mix. Should make approximately 35 to 40 tots.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve plain or with marinara sauce for dipping.