I realized recently that it’s been awhile since I posted a fish recipe, and thought I should do something to remedy that. I made this for the first time about a month ago, and it’s quickly become a household favorite. I’m always trying new recipes, and trying to get things on the menu that I haven’t made in awhile, so we don’t have a lot of frequent repeats. So for me to make a main dish twice in a month, it has to be really good. Believe me, this qualifies. And it’s quick to put together, which gives me time to make these cauliflower tots to go with it. 🙂
I love using my husband’s old camping plates for coating things. The rim on them makes them ideal for mixing up breading ingredients without having to dirty another dish.
The breading on these is mostly parmesan, with just a bit of breadcrumbs for texture, so they’re fairly low carb as well. 🙂
I almost always use parchment paper for breaded dishes. Helps keep them from getting soggy on the bottom, and less cleanup.
- 1 pound tilapia filets
- 6 Tbsp parmesan cheese
- 3 Tbsp seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with nonstick spray.
- In a shallow dish, mix together parmesan, breadcrumbs, and spices.
- Brush both sides of fish filets with oil, and coat with breadcrumb mix, pressing down to make sure it sticks well.
- Place on baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until cooked through.