A few weeks ago, I was over at a friend’s house for our weekly lunch date, and she said she had cake baking. It smelled amazing. Turned out it was a banana cake with strawberries and blackberries in it. I probably ate more than I should have, but it was really good. I try to never have cake in the house, because then I’ll eat it, so I decided to take the flavors and make another baked oatmeal instead, because clearly, one can never have too many baked oatmeal recipes! 🙂
A few weeks before this, I had made a strawberry banana version, and it wasn’t bad, but it was missing something. Apparently that something was blackberries, cause it’s just about perfect now. Since the berries are starting go on sale regularly at the grocery store, I figured it was time to get this posted.
I brought two pieces of this to my friend from the first batch. When I saw her again, she told me her husband had eaten them before she could. He unapologetically grinned and said it was good! Men! So when I made the second batch, I brought her more and labeled them for her. We’ll see if he stays out of this batch (doubtful), but if he doesn’t, she can make her own now. 🙂
Like all of my baked oatmeal recipes, this starts out with the dry ingredients in one bowl, and the wet ones in another.
Once everything is mixed together, all those beautiful berries get folded in.
With two whole cups of berries in here, you will have some in every bite. 🙂
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, not packed
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 medium bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup almond milk, or milk of choice
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup strawberries, diced large
- 1 cup blackberries, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 11" x 8" or 9" x 9" baking dish with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, mix together bananas, almond milk, eggs, and vanilla. Add to oats and mix thoroughly. Fold in berries.
- Pour into sprayed baking dish. Bake for 40 minutes, or until done. Let cool for a few minutes, then cut into 8 even pieces.
- Leftovers can be refrigerated for up to a week, simply reheat in the microwave for about a minute.