I’ve recently come to the conclusion that my mother’s taste in food and mine are about half exactly the same, and half completely different, like, on a different planet different. Seriously, she eats some weird stuff. 😛
This tuna macaroni salad is one of the things we have in common though. It’s her recipe slightly modified, and it is delicious! It’s also multi purpose. Make up a batch to take for a cookout, and on the off chance you have any left to bring home, it makes a great lunch all by itself! 🙂
It’s easy and quick to make, and it all mixes up in one bowl. Sometimes I make it just to have for lunch for the week. 🙂
- 2 cans tuna fish, drained
- 8 oz pasta of choice cooked according to package instructions, cooled
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet pickles or pickle relish (optional)
- 4 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 3/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- Mix together all ingredients a large bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve, at least an hour or two, overnight is better.
- *Cook time is for the pasta and eggs.