With the four day holiday weekend behind us, we are officially into the full swing of middle school. Nightly homework and extra laundry from changing for gym class are just the beginning. Soon we’ll be adding after school clubs, music lessons, and of course time with friends! The upside is peace and quiet and an empty house during the day. It’s amazing how much more I can get done around the house when I’m the only one in it! The downside is more stuff on the schedule after school, and a lot more running around.
You’ve probably noticed by now, I’m rather fond of all in one side dishes. They make getting dinner on the table so much easier and quicker with the busier school schedules, and make less dishes to clean up afterwards. 🙂
I had a few of my sister’s purple skinned potatoes left, so I threw them in to make it really rainbow!
You mix this up in two stages, but you can use the same bowl. First you mix your harder vegetables (carrots, potatoes) with half the seasonings and oil. Spread them out evenly on the baking sheet and stick them in the oven.
While those are cooking, toss the rest of the seasonings and oil with your softer vegetables. Feel free to change up which vegetables you use according to your own tastes. 🙂
- 1 small zucchini, sliced 1/4" thick and halved
- 1 small yellow squash, sliced 1/4" thick and halved
- 2 to 3 medium carrots, peeled, and sliced 1/4" thick
- 2 to 3 potatoes, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- In a small dish, mix together olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, and seasonings.
- Toss carrots and potatoes with half of oil and spices. Spread in a single layer on baking sheet, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Toss remaining vegetables with the rest of the oil and seasonings. Add to baking sheet with potatoes and carrots, mix together, and spread back out in a single layer. Cook for an additional 15 minutes.
Please leave a comment and let me know what you think. 🙂