This new goal of posting something new every Sunday seems to be much more doable for the time being. I’ve been fairly successful at it. Hopefully when things get a little smoother around here I can go back to twice a week. That may be awhile though, as we’re about to head into cheerleading season. Yeah…
I’ve been meaning to post today’s recipe for quite some time now, had pictures ready to go and everything. It’s a sweet and spicy twist on roasted sweet potatoes that my sister came up with years ago. I adjusted it a bit for our tastes, making it spicy, not hot, (hers had cayenne pepper as well,) and upping the brown sugar a bit. With the natural sweetness of the potatoes, it makes a great side dish for any meal where you want a little sweet with your spice. 🙂
This is an incredibly quick and simple dish to make. Most of your prep time is peeling and cutting the potatoes. After that, just toss them in a bowl with some oil, add the spices and sugar and toss to coat.
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/2 to 3/4" cubes
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray baking sheet or dish with nonstick spray.
- In a bowl, toss potatoes with oil. Add spices and sugar. Toss to coat.
- Spread out potatoes on baking sheet in a single layer.
- Cook for 20 minutes, stir, and spread back out. Cook for another 10 to 15 minutes.